Today is the first day of the new term in the HPKCKC on Ravelry (What you're not yet in? Know that you're always welcome to come over and play along!). 3 months of intensive crafting (and chatting because yeah I confess I'm among the chatty ones) to come. I've been sorted into Hufflepuff once again.
To celebrate start of the term I've released a free mini sweater pattern for you. It has a golden snitch on the front (if you haven't noticed yet, I'm a quidditch fan). You can also make the sweater without the duplicate stitch snitch on the front, it would look great knitted plain with some variegated sock yarn. 2 different snitch charts are available.
As it's meant toward a Ravelry activity, the pattern is exclusively available on Ravelry (for free... and for everyone): Golden Snitch Mini Sweater
It's also time to get organized and plan (all links get you to the Ravelry pattern page).
Large projects I want to complete during the 3 months to come:
- Garter Stitch Circular Shrug. This is going to be a lot of garter stitch. And math too as the pattern is a recipe. I'm going to use sports weight yarn to make it a summer shrug. It should take me 1500 yards. I plan to make this an OWL to have 3 months to complete it.
- Doctor Who Scarf. I've recently started to watch some Dr Who episodes. Believe me I'm going to watch many more. I wish I had known about it earlier. I need one of those scarves. I bought some yarn for it yesterday. I'm missing 1 color. But I'll need more than a month to knit this so I'll propose it for a BROOM. This means no casting on before May 26. Time enough to get this ball the LYS owner will put aside for me when next delivery's coming.
- Set of 4 blanket squares (8x8") - self designed. The charts are ready. Just need to knit them up. Pattern will join the "Potions!" collection. Want a teaser? Love potion!
- Bandol. I've been planning to knit one since I saw it in Simply Knitting... last summer. This month's the right one. I have nothing on the needles right now. And as said above, I won't be allowed to cast on the scarf right away. It's now or never if I want to wear it when it's getting warm.
- A knitting cat. Alan Dart patterns are lovely. But those are way too cute to be satisfied with the picture alone. I really want to treat myself to one of them.
- Birthday present for friend. This has yet to be determined. But it will be of the small kind, not time consuming at all.
- Socks. This is the "optional if I have time" item. I love to design socks and hope I'll have time to go with a new pair.